Advanced Materials for Energy (M4E) of Institut de Recerca en Energia de Catalunya (IREC) are facilities focused on developing new materials, processes and devices for renewable energy generation, harvesting and ES and conversion.
State of the art:
- Synthesis of advanced materials and components;
- Fabrication of large-area nanostructures and thin films (PLD, ALD, RF-sputtering, LP-CVD, etc);
- Advanced materials processing (industrial 3D printing, screen printing, self-assembly, etc) for building batteries, photo-batteries, SOCs and supercapacitors
- Electrochemistry and performance (automated 10 kW-range testing stations with EIS, suitable for photo-assisted processes, atmosphere and temperature control, etc);
- Testing capacities for degradation studies under controlled working and environmental conditions; vi) Catalysis performance with analytics techniques to promote the study of catalyst and catalytic applications.
Services currently offered by the infrastructure:
- Synthesis, e.g., electrode/catalyst fabrication and thin film deposition);
- Manufacturing, e.g., battery cells fabrication, assembly; Nanostructures and thin films fabrication;
- Characterization, e.g., battery testing, including degradation; electrochemical testing, heterogeneous catalyst characterization; electrochemistry performance and