CheMaMSE Laboratories of The Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Padova (UNIPD) allow to carry out activities over the entire value chain associated with the R&D of electrochemical energy conversion and storage devices (e.g., secondary batteries, fuel cells, redox flow batteries).
State of the art: The available equipment comprises several instrumentations and facilities, including:
- broadband electrical spectrometer,
- near-ambient pressure X-ray photoelectron spectrometer and
- facilities to fabricate and test prototype devices.
Services currently offered by the infrastructure:
- Synthesis of functional materials (both electrode materials and electrolytes);
- Physicochemical characterization of functional materials;
- High-level modelling of functional materials;
- “Ex-situ” determination of the electrical response and of the electrochemical properties of functional materials;
- Fabrication of equipment; and vi) Fabrication and testing of prototype devices.